Statistics show that one out of every five people in the U.S. will develop some form of skin cancer in their lifetime, and skin cancer is the #1 form of cancer here in the U.S. ¬†
So practicing good sun habits not only makes sense, it is a must for your family.
¬†Here are some tips you can do to keep your kids safe and protected:
What makes TotLogic different from other family sunscreens?
¬†Always apply sunblock at least 15 minutes before going outside.
- ¬†Try to make sunscreen part of your morning routine. I sing a song with my son while applying his sunscreen. It helps distract him and tames his constant squirming!
- ¬†Always carry a tube of natural sunscreen with you and give one to your child when they go to camp or on a trip.
- ¬†Explain to your kids in simple terms that too much sun is harmful and can damage their skin and how sunscreen can help prevent this.
- ¬†Have your kids reapply their sunblock at least every 2 hours, and immediately after swimming and excessive sweating.
- ¬†Stay out of the sun between the hours of 11 a.m. ‚Äì 3 p.m. ¬†(some experts are adamant the hours are longer from 10 a.m. ‚Äì 4 p.m.) ¬†when the sun is strongest. ¬†Avoid areas with direct sunlight and seek out some shade instead.
- Have your children wear hats, UV blocking sunglasses, as well as sun shirts and protective clothing.
- Choose a natural sunscreen that has an SPF of 15 or higher, is broad spectrum to protect from both UVA and UVB rays, and is water resistant up to 80 minutes.
- Always apply sunscreen liberally all over the face, neck, and body. Be careful not to get any into the eyes. If truth be told, many people do not put on enough sunblock and even miss some spots entirely.
- Remember that you can get a sun burn even on cloudy days. The clouds do not block all UVA and UVB rays so apply sunscreen regardless when going out.
- Limit sun exposure throughout the day and closely monitor delicate children‚Äôs skin, including ears, feet, and the back of their neck.
- Use a lip balm with SPF to protect delicate skin on lips. Reapply frequently.
- It is not advisable to use a sunscreen on a baby younger than 6 months so consult with your pediatrician beforehand if you plan on doing so.
- Our sunscreen contains a powerful blend of natural antioxidants including Bergamot, White Tea, Lavender, Chamomile, Arnica Montana, Mint, and Lemon to combat free radicals. These ingredients are combined with the purest quality Zinc Oxide at 20%.
- Our Zinc Oxide is non-nano which means the particles do not get absorbed through the skin and into the blood stream, but rather sit on top of the skin as a physical block.
- TotLogic Sunscreen also contains moisturizing Jojoba, Hyaluronic Acid, and Aloe which nurture and hydrate the skin.
- Our Sunscreen has been independently tested and proven to provide broad spectrum coverage for UVA and UVB rays, and is water resistant up to 80 minutes!
Sign up to receive information about our upcoming flash sale at http://bit.ly/1IRHYZq