Jill's Natural HomeLogic StoryAug 14, 2014
Before I had children I did not give all that much thought to what type of cleaning products I used around the house. However, I do recall an elementary school memory, decades ago, of wondering what it was about certain cleaning products my mother bought that made my eyes water and nose burn. I would look at the labels and recall seeing that I needed to use the products in a well-ventilated area (something that‚Äôs often impossible when scrubbing a bathtub). Somehow, I was na√Øvely reassured that the products must be really good at cleaning since they were clearly so potent. When I think back, I remember how much I loved cleaning when I was a young girl. I would beg to take on a lot of the household chores- for a price, of course! It was a great way to earn an allowance. I spent countless hours every week cleaning, but what I remember most was how my eyes would water while I cleaned. At times, my lungs would burn and my skin would become red. I would hold my breath and try not to breathe in the fumes. I would also frequently end up with a long-lasting dull headache. By the time I became pregnant with my daughter, I had already stopped using the common household cleaners I grew up using. I discovered that you could use things like vinegar, baking soda, and hot water to clean the home. Since I was pregnant, cleaning was a bit of a struggle due to the overpowering and pungent smell of the vinegar. I remember trying to convince myself that my house really did not smell like a pickle factory as I continued to mix natural cleaning product concoctions in my kitchen sink, much to the dismay of those around me! I felt strongly that it was the best thing to do, as I did not want to expose my soon-to-be-born baby girl to any potentially harmful chemicals, irritants, endocrine disruptors or carcinogens. Fast forward to 2014, and I am now the proud yet concerned mother of two young children. It turns out they love to clean too! They often ask me what they can do to help and love to use cleaning products- always way too much of them. My kids were the inspiration for Natural HomeLogic. I am so relieved and happy to know that the products used in our home are safe and non-toxic. They are fume free, smell amazing and get the job done safely and pleasantly. They do not need to be used in a well-ventilated area nor do they come with serious health warnings on the labels. Now my kids and I can clean away in peace and I do not have to worry about what types of dangerous chemicals are lurking inside the cleaning products we are exposed to in our own home. Our house is naturally clean and refreshed every time and there are no artificial fragrances, noxious fumes or toxic residues left behind.